Our 10th Year of building our Community Park was celebrated with an event at The Frog and Kiwi on 28th August and I’d like to congratulate you all for your commitment in making our Park such a SUCCESS.
Financially we had a solid year as follows
Donations – $34,000
Grants – $51,000
Total – $85,000
Expenses – $31,000
Net – $54,000 which we used for the purchasing of new assets
We now have Total Assets (after depreciation) of $1,188,000 and The Committee logged 1,952 hours about the same as last year.
MAIN PROJECTS DURING THE YEAR WERE –
- A successful Activity Day held Labour Weekend 2017
- Junior Pump Track completed
- Quad Bike & Trailer purchased for use by approved volunteers
- New Shade Sail installed over the Gym area
- Mushroom Chairs and Table installed
- Single CCTV Camera and lighting installed
- Four Working Bees held
- A link track from the back of The Skate area to The Gym was built
- A Successful Volunteers Day was held at The Club
- An increasing use by both the Local Community and Visitors alike.
Other Notable Events
- Ken resigns to take up a position with The Opportunity Factory
- 17th December saw our 1st Santa Parade in the Children’s Playground
- February 2018 MAZ withdrew from funding and support of The Mongol Rally
- April. MAZ Club was mooted and a trial Sunday Market was commenced
- June. Meeting with The Mayor Jason Smith at MAZ
- July. Cool Beans saga commences. (Less said the better)
- August 28th YIPPEE we were 10 Years old!
- August – MAZ Club launched
- September. Fred Sue and Hamish resign
Various members of The Committee have spent another year trying to get funding from The KDC Reserve Contribution Fund but with no success. Hours and hours have gone into this and although we have found a good ally in Councillor Jonathan Larsen it still wasn’t enough to make our constant appeals requests and presentations work! With The Developer’s Funds not being used to the extent they should be we need to decide on more direct action in this current year as completing our Park is a priority for us and The Community.Other objectives moving forward are – to get a final draft of our planned Club House/Storage Facility, Find further funding for our Skate Park and to source and apply for Funding for our envisaged Pump Track. We also need shade and seating in front of Cafe MAZ which is being worked on by the committee in the current year.
Overall it has been a challenging but successful year with Park usage at an all time high with lots of happy and contented visitors.
Many thanks again for all your efforts.
MAZ Chairman 18/6/19.